We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach hotel

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
54 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
beach hotel

looking to vist august this year,looking for good beach hotel travelling with son aged 8yrs.visted dubai earlier this year and it was fantastic.stayed at hilton jumeirah beach and it was 1st class.cant decide which hotel will be best suited for us.ant information appreciated.looked thru postings more confused.

cheers

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach hotel

i hope u realise it will be 45-50 degrees in august - ur son may find it unbearable especially outside- i really wouldnt recommend going at that time of year. However, if u do- i would stay at the beach rotana hotel or the hilton but the later u have to walk along a underpassage to get to the beach as it is on the other side of the road- but it has a great beach and huge swimming pool- but water in sea can become stagnant due to the heat.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
54 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach hotel

thanxs samcraig33 for taking time out to reply.cheers

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: beach hotel

Water doesn't become stagnant due to the heat - it becomes stagnant because it doesn't flow. What on earth is the comment meant to mean? I can tell you that the "beach" at the Rotana receives effluent from an outfall nearby.

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach hotel

i was at the hilton last year in june and it was 45 degrees- the water was stagnant due to lack of rain, and due to the heat it was disgusting - the ehat was making it smell. I have friends there that are members of the hilton and they say it gets like that every summer due to the heat.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: beach hotel

Ah - you meant fetid.