We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the best restaurants

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Woodbridge
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
the best restaurants

We are a family of four taking a week's holiday at the Shangri La between Xmas and New Year.

If it does n't sound too sniffy, we are , in truth, a group of food snobs.

I am struggling to get some serious recommendations for food in Abu Dhabi: we like all cuisines to include Lebanese, Chinese , Seafood and particularly Italian.

Any tips anyone?

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: the best restaurants

I don't know if Abu Dhabi is the best place for a gourmet family?! No, seriously, there are lots of restaurants around, most of the 4 and 5-star hotels here all have restaurants with the cuisines mentioned, very hotel has 5-6 restaurants. It's good to remember though that most of the food stuff is imported, sometimes from afar - so if you're used to eating Italian food on the coast of Sorrento you may not think the Italian restaurants here are that impressive as food quality can never be the same, but I guess you are not coming all the way to Abu Dhabi to eat Italian? I think the Beach Rotana Hotel has an excellent choice of restaurants. The Meridien has a seafood night and also several good restaurants. Royal Orchid at Hilton has a good choice of Thai/Chinese. There's an Italian restaurant at Sheraton which is nice enough. Servings are usually very big here and at a decent price, the opposite of my recent experience in Italy :-).

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the best restaurants

Agree with I fly ...

Have only stayed at the Beach Rotana but can recommend Prego (Italian - there's a surprise) great pizzas especially. And, if you like fish, then Finz (also at Beach Rotana) is really very good.

Sorry, can't be more help than that.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the best restaurants

Oops! Forgot to check out one of my wife's fav blogs. Maybe this'll help:

…blogspot.com/search/…20Dhabi

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
38 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the best restaurants

Agree that Beach Rotana has some great outlets. Would also recomend Vascos (international) at the Hilton, Oceans (seafood)at the Royal Meridien, Talay at the Meridien (Thai seafood, they have a buffet night on Tuesday, I think, that is good value) and if you like some entertainment with good food try the Jazz bar at the Hilton.

Abu dhabi
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: the best restaurants

Agree with the above , For Lebanese i recommend :

1- Shameyat corniche road beside Sheraton .

2- Lebanese Flower in Khalidya Area .

3- Mawal at the Hilton good food with nice music too .

4-Al Birkeh at the Le Meridien Abu Dhabi.

These may be enough for a week :-) .

Have a nice week

Wakefield, England
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the best restaurants

I enjoyed the Italian at the Intercontinental, seafood restaurant at the Sheraton, the German restaurant at the Rotana Beach and Vasco's at the Hilton.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the best restaurants

Prego's in Rotana Beach - great Italian

Vasco's in Hilton - International + Sea food

The Noodle House in AlWehda Mall- (opening early December) Thai/Malay/Singaporean/Chinese

Zen in Le Meredien - Japanese + Sushi

AlBerka in Meredien - Lebanese

Finz in Rotana Beach Hotel - Seafood

The Fish Market at the Intercontinental Hotel - Seafood

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
445 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the best restaurants

Prego's in Rotana Beach - great Italian

Vasco's in Hilton - International + Sea food

The Noodle House in AlWehda Mall- (opening early December) Thai/Malay/Singaporean/Chinese

Zen in Le Meredien - Japanese + Sushi

AlBerka in Meredien - Lebanese

Finz in Rotana Beach Hotel - Seafood

The Fish Market at the Intercontinental Hotel - Seafood

9. Re: the best restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, September 14, 2009