We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from The Airport

Which Abu Dhabi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sussex
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from The Airport

Hi,

We are arriving in Abu Dhabi on the morning of 02 March08. We will be staying at the Hilton. Please could someone advise how much a taxi would cost? We can arrange transfers via our tour op, but I want to compare prices and I don't fancy having to stop at other hotels en route

Abu dhabi
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from The Airport

around 20 $

Have a nice trip

sussex
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from The Airport

Thanks, Kazalo

A taxi it is then!

Nottingham UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from The Airport

Hi there,

I have just come back from AD - the taxi rate from the airport to downtown isa fixed rate with Al Ghazal taxis of Dhs 65 and takes around 40 minutes.

I stayed at the Emirate Palace, but had dinner at the Hilton which seemed very pleasent and had a number of different restaurants - I ate at the Chinese/Mongolian restaurant there - the food was much better then at the Palace!!!

Enjoy your stay - try the Rotana Towers next to the Abu Dhabi Mall, both Pregos and the Rodeo Grill are excellent.

BDS

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,377 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from The Airport

We like Prego's as well.

If you're into fish then the Beach Rotana has a restaurant called Finz and some say it's the best fish restaurant in the UAE. We certainly thought it was great.

The Beach Rotana also has Trader Vic's and Benihana and others.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from The Airport

I usually e-mail the hotel, and they have one waiting for me. It was 70 dirhams last time, and they can put it on your bill if you wish.

sussex
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from The Airport

Thank you everyone for your replies.

All really helpful. I can't wait!

Sam

7. Re: Taxi from The Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 12, 2009