We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Dhabi Airport to Al Raha Beach Hotel

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Dhabi Airport to Al Raha Beach Hotel

Hi all,

We are due here for a 3 day stop over to break a Brisbane to Manchester journey. I've already emailed the hotel to see if they can pick us up from a midnight arrival, they said they charge 75 dirhams / 20 dollars, which is reasonable. But as we are travelling with a 1 year old and a 3 year old there is a surcharge of an additional 200 dirhams! That makes it $75, expensive for a 5 minute taxi ride!

Does anyone know of any other way to get to the hotel from the airport, or if we are likely to find a cheaper taxi when we arrive?

Cheers

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
436 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Dhabi Airport to Al Raha Beach Hotel

You can just get a normal metered silver taxi from the taxi rank outside arrivals (follow the signs) and it will be within the AED50-75 range. Only thing to bear in mind is that they will not have baby/child seats available for you ..... I can only assume that the surcharge the hotel want to charge you is for a limo type car with baby/child seats - still looks very expensive to me though.

You could try contacting Al Ghazal ( taxi@adnh.com or limo@adnh.com ) to see if you can pre-book a taxi or limo transfer with baby/child seats & see what they would charge.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Dhabi Airport to Al Raha Beach Hotel

Thank you!!

3. Re: Abu Dhabi Airport to Al Raha Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 14, 2013