We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

Cork
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

Hi,

I'll be entering Syria from Gaziantep, then visiting Aleppo, Palmyra and down to Damascus, then crossing over to Beirut, and finally upward toward Antakya. This means that I'll be crossing Syrian borders 4 times. Can one Visa pay for all these crossings? I'm an Irish citizen, we don't have a consulate here, can I, with just my passport enter Syria and get a Visa for all these entries? How much would it cost?

As for Syria as from above, my current itinerary is to see Aleppo, Palmyra and Damascus. But is there anywhere more special in Syria that you think is worth missing that I didn't list? If so, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

I'll definitely be seeing Damascus, what's worth visiting there given I'll have 2 days maximum here.

Thanks!

Edited: 4:06 pm, April 30, 2010
Malta
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

I shall be arriving in Damascus at about 3.30 a.m. Can a VISA be issued at that time just the same?

Damascus, Syria
Destination Expert
for Damascus
Level Contributor
927 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

It makes no difference what time you arrive as entry visas are dealt with at passport control.

If you can get a visa in your country of residence,

it would save time hanging about at the Airport though.

Malta
Level Contributor
180 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

How long does it take to get a Visa at the airport?

Damascus, Syria
Destination Expert
for Damascus
Level Contributor
927 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

Its not possible to give a time it would take.

It just depends on circumstances.

Thats why its always better to have your visa ready before you

arrive.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

just got back from Syria, a country not to be missed. I am an American - it took me 9 weeks from a gulf coast country to get a visa. Reciprocity between countries. Get it before you go.

Damascus, Syria
Destination Expert
for Damascus
Level Contributor
927 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

Its worth looking at this thread about visas for Americans that we discussed a little while ago:

tripadvisor.com/…26218004

Basicly the result is that even if you are resident in the US its best to send your visa application (by Fedex or DHL),to Washington DC Syrian Embassy where you will get a quick response from Hassan.

(Good work Hassan!)

Hope the link works!"

A.

27. Re: Best Syrian Sights & VISA Info.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2011