We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al - Rabie hotel

Scotland
9 posts
Save Topic
Al - Rabie hotel

The Lonly Planet makes this budget hotel sound worth a visit but I cant find any reports in the forums for this year, has anyone used it and would they consider it a good place for a 3 - 4 night stay arround the 16th November?

Any other budget recomendations and prices would be welcome, as a single traveler I don't want to be paying more than £18 - £20 a night if possible.

One other question on this subject, I realy don't want to book ahead, as I may want to extend my stay in Aleppo or Hama etc., so can I get away with out booking hotel rooms in advance in November?

Thanks

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Al - Rabie hotel

Usualy you can get away without having to book in advance.But if you are looking to stay at a special hotel that is mentioned in the LP or highly recommended on the tripadvisor without prebook you will not get a room especialy in Damascus.

enjoy from damascushostel

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
774 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Al - Rabie hotel

Hi Mac060,

You can try Damascus hostel as well for accommodation, It is situated on the wall of Old Damascus and easily accessable!

Have a great time in Syria

Damascus, Syria
Destination Expert
for Damascus
Level Contributor
931 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Al - Rabie hotel

Damascus Hostel is closing for renovation in November I heard.

A

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,092 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Al - Rabie hotel

HI Guys.

Due to popularity and large demand for rooms that we cant meet

Yes we are closing down for a major expansion and refurbishment program from Mid Nov.till end March next year .We promise to continue our traditional Syrian hospitality and services

I want to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for their support in the past and look forward to seeing you again in future.

During the closure we continue provide travel and tours throughout Syria from our office over the old city wall and the rope ladder(between Bab Sharki and Bab Touma) where groups assemble for daily tours.

Raymond

Damascus, Syria
Destination Expert
for Damascus
Level Contributor
931 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Al - Rabie hotel

Hi mac060

There is a very reasonable Hotel called EUROPE Hotel that

has recently been refurbished.

Its $65 a night.

Its in a side street in Baramkeh, near the old Hijaz train station.

There are no reviews of it yet, but I will find out an opinion

from our friend who is staying there tonight.

A/

NYC
Level Contributor
639 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Al - Rabie hotel

hotel ghazal around the corner from Rabie is a good option

7. Re: Al - Rabie hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2010