We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Syrian Public Holiday, feast of sacrifice next week

istanbul
1 post
Save Topic
Syrian Public Holiday, feast of sacrifice next week

I wanted to learn when and how many days will be public holiday during the feast of sacrifice in Syrea. The answer that I got from embassy in Istanbul was not seemed sensible to me. She told me that it is not known yet. It depends on the movement of moon and the public holiday can be announced 1 day before the movement of moon. I will sincerely appreciate your answers. Thanks in advance.

Damascus
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Syrian Public Holiday, feast of sacrifice next week

Hi,

the official Eid Al Adha holiday will be from 7 - 11 Dec 2008, however, 5 Dec, 6 Dec, 12 Dec and 13 Dec are weekends, so the official Holiday for public sector will be from 5 - 13 Dec .

as for the Eid it'll be from 8 - 11 Dec

Happy Eid to all

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,647 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Syrian Public Holiday, feast of sacrifice next week

Both Eids and Ramadan vary from year to year, although it can be narrowed down to a few likely days sometime in advance.

Yes, it does depend in the sighting of the new moon and it can be different in different countries, depending upon which "sighter" is followed.

3. Re: Syrian Public Holiday, feast of sacrifice next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 16, 2009