We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

Hi All,

I am planning on taking the Aleppo to Damascus night train and I wondered if anybody has taken it? Also, is it hard to by trian tickets in Syria on the day of travel? Any help you can offer about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

Its usualy easy to buy tickets on the day but you can buy a ticket a day before travel.

Night train leaves midnight and arrives damascus 7 am.Ticket sleeper/first class costs 290 sp(usd 6.5)

syriafulbottle from damascushostel

UK
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

Is there a website you can buy a train ticket from Damascus to Aleppo? Can someone please tell me guideline cost?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

The only way to buy train ticket from Aleppo to damascus to call in person at the train station a day before you travel,or on the day of travelling,and need to present you passport at the ticket office.I believe there is always seats available,cos mostly used by tourist.

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

Does anyone know the train schedule from Damascus to Aleppo?

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
636 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

Hi

Try www.seat61.com

I remember looking through this website for exactly the same info.

Deb

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

buy train ticket from Hijaz the old station in the city,or from the Al kadem train station(where train leaves.Damascus Aleppo 7am,3.30 pm,6.40 pm,and midnight.

enjoy from damascushostel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

Hello,

Can someone advise how to get the train timetables Aleppo-Damascus and Aleppo-Lattakia-Aleppo?

There are some published on http://www.seat61.com/Syria.htm but are they accurate? I tried following the instructions for accessing the cfssyria website but they don't work for me.

If someone can confirm that seat61 is accurate or list the times, that would be very helpful!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,654 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

HI Catherine

from Aleppo to Latakya 6 am,7am express,ordinary (stops on the way )also 7 am. 3.45 pm,5.30 pm,6.45

pm.All times give and take few minutes

enjoy from damascushostel.

9. Re: Aleppo to Damascus Night Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 28, 2009