We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety in DOHA

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
7 posts
Save Topic
safety in DOHA

Sorry to sound so green but is Doha safe.Ive been offered a job there .

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety in DOHA

Not really sure what you mean by "safe" ... safe from what?

Crime wise it is very safe. I feel safer here than I do in my home country.

The only danger here is their driving!!

Qatar
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: safety in DOHA

Doha's about the safest place I've ever lived, apart from their driving which is the worst I've seen, despite four years in Thailand and Indonesia. The crime level is almost zero!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety in DOHA

As far as crime goes, Doha is very safe area. Traffic is another story. The driving here is terrible. If you know 10 people, here at least half have been involved in some sort of car accident due to careless driving.

uk
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: safety in DOHA

ive heard from someone who has recently come back that there is bombs going off etc.Ive been offered a job in Doha its not in the city more the outskirts to do with oil & gas .

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety in DOHA

Fountainpen

What a load of rubbish you have heard.

There was one bomb that went off nearly 2 years ago at the Doha Players (local theatre group). One expat was unfortunately killed. The Qatari's dealt with it all very swiftly.

This place is quite civilised .... we even have running water :-)

Like I said before, only real danger here is their driving!!

If you want more detailed information about working and living here try having a look at http://www.qatarliving.com/forum.

uk
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: safety in DOHA

Hi,

I did hear that about the bomb in the Theatre but it was reported here around a fortnight ago.

Qatar
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: safety in DOHA

I can assure you there have been no bombs for two years. Of course, that doesn't mean that there won't be in the future. We're in a volatile region with a progressive government which could be a target (where isn't nowadays). The rumour is that the government pays of Al Quada terrorist cells - I have no idea how valid this is.

Where on earth did you hear there was a bomb here two weeks ago?

uk
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: safety in DOHA

Hi,

first there was a report on sky news and the front page of the daily mail as well as bbbc news etc .It was around a fortnight ago here in the UK.

9. Re: safety in DOHA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, August 19, 2009