We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in Dohar

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.K
1 post
Save Topic
Living in Dohar

I have recently taken the plunge and accepted a family status job offer in Dohar.

My employer has offered help in looking for accommodation.

How easy is it these days to find a 3 bed villa in a compound furnished or unfurnished ?

I realise the question has been often asked but what is the latest news ?

My living allowance is $3,100 per month, is this enough ?

Middle East
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Living in Dohar

Hi

I hope your move to Doha runs smoothly - we've been here on family status for 7 years already - its a great place to raise children.

Accommodation is a real pain at the moment with the Asian Games looming - I suggest that you ask your company about putting you in touch with a real estate agent who will know what is available.

Your living allowance - does that include accommodation or just day to day expenses? If it includes accommodation its really tight, but I do believe that most employers are very aware of the situation regarding finding good housing, so I'm going to assume its not. For groceries, odd meals out, entertainment, it is quite a good allowance.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Living in Dohar

I notice you say Family Status. You will need to check out the schooling situation aswell (if applicable to your children). Places are hard to get.

Also, electricity and water .... is this included? These can prove to be expensive aswell.

To get an idea of prices for accommodation you could check out the classified section in their local newspaper which is available online. Gulf Times.

There is also another forum called Expatwoman which has a great section on Doha with lots of questions being asked about moving to Doha.

Doha is going through quite a boom at the moment and costs are escalating. Get your package totally sorted and made clear before you sign on any dotted lines.

Good Luck.

PS: Petrol is cheap :-)

3. Re: Living in Dohar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 20, 2009