We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

Johor Bahru...
3 posts
Save Topic
8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

Hi, we are having 8 hours transit at Doha arriving 1 hour before midnight and departing Doha airport at 7am next morning on 6 Oct 2014. Please provide suggestion where can I catch some good sleeps at the airport lounge or nearby Doha airport? Is it convenient to get cab at this wee hours? Require any transit visa?

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

Doha Airport (HIA) has hotel built in inside transit area, you can book a hotel and rest without leaving airport terminal \ transit area. Alternatively, you can you use oryx lounge. Below link has details about hotel.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294008-i3511-k748…

There no point in you leaving airport if you are arriving around midnight. Taxi's are available 24 hours a day just as you exit terminal. As Malaysian citizen you are entitled for visa on arrival by paying 33 USD using bank card. Visa is only required if you decide to leave airport and visit city

Take Care

Beast666

Johor Bahru...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

Thanks for the information. Please let me have the website or contact of hotel at the airport terminal.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

@Traveller061062

http://hiahotel.com/

Take Care

Beast666

Johor Bahru...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

Is the Oryx Lounge at the Hamad Airport started operating now? How much per pax?

Understand that the Oryx Lounge at the old Doha Airport was having limited reclining chairs for the guests. Has this issue being improved at the new airport? Please enlighten me the facilities at new Oryx Lounge.

Thanks!

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

lounge is operational, cost is 40-50 USD for 6 hours stay

Plenty of recline chairs in lounge

Take Care

Beast666

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
18 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

I have the same transit like Traveller061062 and im also Malaysian citizen,but im planning to go out and touring around the city.Im thinking to go to Souq Waqif,Villaggio Mall and Abdul Wahab Grand Mosque but i wonder,is it still open late at night?the mosque probably open 24 hours plus right now is Ramadan month.What about Souq Waqif and Villaggio Mall??Any idea about it?

And also,is there any places i can walk and enjoy the night view other than Souq Waqif?The Corniche maybe?Is it safe to walk late at night?

if someone know the average of taxi fare from HIA to any destination i mentioned,i really appreciate it.So i can make a budget for my travel.

By the way,about the VOA,i have to pay with debit/credit card right?can i pay in cash?

Thank you in advance. Good bye. :)

Edited: 3:34 am, July 21, 2014
UK, Warrington
Level Contributor
103 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

We have a 8 hour lay over in Doha and Qatar Airways are paying for us to stay in a hotel as we arrive at 11pm from Bali and only fly to Manchester at 7am. You could ask them to do the same for you.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

Hi Judithcharmers, how did you go about contacting them?

I have the same situation at the end of this month on my way back from Vietnam.

9. Re: 8 hours transit at 23.00 hour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 06, 2015