We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Job Offer of 8000QR along with accommodation...

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Topic
Job Offer of 8000QR along with accommodation...

I have a job offer of 8000 QR along with accommodation? Can anyone please explain about Transportation, Food and other expenses (like Internet, weekend )

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
11,540 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Job Offer of 8000QR along with accommodation...

Accommodation

Depends on what type of accommodation you are looking for. You will get sharing accommodation from QR 1500/- upwards. One room studio type apartments are available from QR 2500/-. Again, it depends on the location and type of facilities provided.

Transportation

If you hire a car on rent, minimum monthly rental would be above QR 1600/- p.m.

If you hire a taxi for your trip to office and back, it would depend on the distance. If it's inside the city itself, it should be above QR 700/- p.m.

You won't be able to get a car loan from the Bank as soon as you land up, as there is a requirement of minimum salary transfer of 6 months.

Buses are available but not reliable and not available on all routes.

Food

If you are self cooking it would be around QR 1000/-. You get one time meal from minimum around QR 8 upwards. Average places charge around QR 15/- for lunch.

I think I have given you a fair idea about the living expenses.

Edited: 2:05 pm, April 30, 2014
Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Job Offer of 8000QR along with accommodation...

Thank you so much for insightful information......

3. Re: Job Offer of 8000QR along with accommodation...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 06, 2015