We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival Procedure

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival Procedure

I have 12 hours transit ( 01.00 > 13.00pm) in Doha between London and Bangkok. I have booked into the Oryx hotel to try and get some sleep.

I would be very grateful if anybody could help me with some queries:

> When leaving the airport for the hotel - do I have to take my luggage with me or will it automatically be transferred to my onward flight. ?

> Am I likely to need cash while I am there, or should I be able to manage with credit / debit cards ?

> How long before departure would I need to be at the airport ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,891 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival Procedure

a) Regarding your luggage, you better confirm with the airlines.

b) You can use your credit card as long as it's a Visa or Mastercard.

c) Oryx Hotel is adjacent to the departure terminal. If you walk down it's only ten minutes as there is a gate through which you can enter the airport compound from the hotel road. It's not a motorway. However, I won't advice you this as you are not familiar and the cabs are cheap and will take only five minutes.

Swansea
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival Procedure

Thanks Jacpaul -

Swansea
Level Contributor
140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival Procedure

Any idea how long I need to be at the airport if baggage already checked in ?

thanks

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,891 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival Procedure

Usually it's 90 minutes. But, please confirm it with the airlines you are travelling with.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival Procedure

If you are in a short stopover transit your hold luggage will automatically be transferred at the airport, it is labelled transit so will not appear on the baggage carousel.

Most places take plastic so not an issue and ATMs are everywhere (there is one in the lobby of Oryx hotel) so if you do need a small amount of cash - for example to pay taxi driver - you can easily get some.

I would suggest that get back to the airport about 90 minutes before departure time, you will already have your tickets so no need to check in just go straight to departure gate.

6. Re: Arrival Procedure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 29, 2015