We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

This is not a question but some advice!

I just ahd a 7hr layover in Doha on the way from Melbourne to Europe, and took advantage of the free city tour: qatarairways.com/english_global/…

It was great, easy, did not require a visa and was a great way to get outside and get a quick taste of the city!

When you arrive, get off the bus from the plane at the trasfer and departures stop, then go straight ahead after security to a small "tourist" desk, which is effectively under stairs, opposite gate no 5. You can ask there to get on one of their 4 free tours, i think they leave at 8am, 10am, 12pm, and 2pm. The assistant willl help you all the way from there.

It was lovely to see and super easy! you will not be late at all, they are back within 3 hours, easy.

have fun!

110 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Great to hear that you enjoyed it!!

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

@ kathryn M

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Local advisers will never get to experience this tour, so tourist like you are our only source of information.

Just one question how many people were in the bus and what was the capacity (approx)

Take Care

Beast666

Edited: 6:38 am, March 19, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Thanks Kathryn, great advice! I have a 7.5 hour stop in Doha from 5am-12.30pm and was wondering what to do with myself! Hopefully I have enough time to make the 8am one.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Thats new news and thanks for sharing it

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

wow that's good news. So do they stamp your passport and thats it?

Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
52 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Wondering if it's still available at the new Hamad Airport?

Anyone used the new airport can advise on how fast one can get from disembarking from plane to the counter.

I have like 10 mins to get to the counter before it closes for one of the tour.

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
58 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

I'd be interested to know if this is still running too. We've 20 hours to fill while waiting for a connection later this week, if we're there ahead of you I'll post an update.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Also been around Doha for more than a few years ... never heard of this tour as being free before .... Qatar Airways best kept secret! Most interesting point was that no entry visa was required?

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Would I be pushing it for time on a 6 hr stop over I'm wanting to possibly get a few things duty free??

Margate, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit

Will appreciate your feedback buryfoodlover ..also have a 20 hour layover and have read that the free tour is for layovers of from 5 to 12 hours... am unable to find out if a longer layover than 12 hours does not qualify!!??

We also need to know if the free showers are available for everyone or must one check into a paying lounge? Please let us know where the showers are if outside the pay lounge.

I believe there are free lockers at the info desk which will make the long wait easier.

Would also like to know how comfortable the quiet rooms are... in 20 hours we are going to need some sleep before boarding another plane.

Reply to: Free 3hr Doha City Tour for passengers in transit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted