We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Topic
Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Hello everybody,

It would be a great help if you advise me about the cost of living in Qatar, I have been offered a salary of 30000QR + free family accomodation + car + insurance + travel expenses. Is it a good deal to accept, because i am confused of the living expenses in Qatar. Pls suggest me whether I should accept Qatar or a similar offer from Dubai.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Regards

Aswini

Edited: 9:13 am, October 04, 2013
Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Salary offered is very good, biggest expense for most people is accommodation and in your case accommodation is taken care of, so that is a big plus.

You car is paid for than your third biggest expense is also paid for by the company, it leaves your second biggest expense which could be kids school fee. Most companies pay for kids school fee, you should check with your company.

With basic salary of 30000 QR and with everything paid for you can easily save 20000 QR plus,

As far as comparison with Dubai is concerned , Dubai is more lively, lots of activities compared to Doha, Doha is most relaxed and low profile.

Do post here if you have more questions.

Take Care

Beast666

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

HI Everyone.

Can anyone guide that what should be the salary for senior finance officer in Qatar?

As I will be going for interview for Qatar position.

what is the rent of 1 bhk? What is the cost of living per annum?

As I am doing research for the answer of expected salary, It would be really helpful to decide.

thanks.

Nicholas

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

You are based in Dubai so it is easier, living cost is more or less the same, Qatar may be a touch more expensive.

Minimum rent of 1 Bedroom flat 3500 QR,

Salary depends on which company you work for and sector you work in, senior finance officer in oil and gas will make considerably more than in construction sector.

Take Care

Beast666

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
851 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Try Qatar living forum as you are likely to get your answers about cost of living.

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

hi,can anyone suggest what is the salary offered for a structural engineer with 7 yrs of experience in Qatar

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Hello,

I am offered 13000 QAR as salary + 1250 QAR for transport + Family Accommodation + 21000 QAR School fee per child. we are family of 4 (Me, My wife, 2 kids less than 7 years). Could you please let me know if this is a good offer to accept and how much will be expenses per month for Food, Basic amenities such as electricity, water, groceries, internet, mobile, phone etc. when will be the school admission starts for class 2.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Its not possible to say if it is good salary unless you advice what is your profession.

Food expense on average middle class family 2500-3000 QR, electricity \ water 350-500 QR, internet 250 QR.

Take Care

Beast666

Cairo, Egypt
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Dear Aswini,

Kindly illustrate the total years of experience and previous exp. , as this is a decisive factor to determine if the salary is comparably good....

Cairo, Egypt
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Edited: 7:56 am, January 29, 2014
Bengaluru, India
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of living in Qatar for a software engineer

Hi, I have 9.8+ years of experience of S/W Development, I have been offered Tech lead in Doha. I am planning to relocate with my wife and my twins (4 years). How much salary I should be asking?. I looking for decent lifestyle with saving.

Please let me know, how much I should be asking.