We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hours stop over in Doha

Johannesburg, South...
5 posts
Save Topic
8 hours stop over in Doha

Hi, I would like some advice on what to do in Doha during June/July, I think the stopover is during the night. I don't want to just stay at the airport, does that mean I can go outside the airport. do you have to pay extra to like go outside, how much is this to the rand as I'm using Rands, please answer A.S.A.P as I need advice now!!!!

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 hours stop over in Doha

I am assuming that you are carrying South African passport, in that case you will not be entitle for visa on arrival, hence you need to pre-arrange your visa if you wish to go outside the airport during your transit in Doha. Please contact Qatar Airways to arrange tourist visa.

For 34 nationalities which are entitled to have visa on arrival, cost is approximately 30USD or less than 300 rand, but as advised South Africans are not entitled for visa on arrival.

Beast666

2. Re: 8 hours stop over in Doha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 23, 2014