So we are stopping in Doha en route to UK for 20hrs.. full day.. we have to get visa and have got in touch with a couple of travel agents.. They will do our hotel booking (for visa) , visa and we are probably going for tours as well with them.. Now the ones most responsive were
1) Al Jasra Travel
2) Regency Travel & Tours
3) Mannai Holidays
Can anyone recommend which of them three is good as they all ask for payment via bank transfer so we just want to be secure..
Also looking at the brochure for things to do in Doha.. We have come up with the following choices among so many in there.. We can do ONLY 2 of the 4 mentioned below..
1) Doha City Tour (4 Hours) : either 9am or 3:30pm
2) Half Day Desert Safari Tour (4 Hours) : either 9am or 2:30pm
Drive from Doha to Sealine, Dune Bashing, Photo stops, scenic break at the Inland Sea to view Saudi mountains.
3) North Qatar Tour (4 Hours) : either 9am or 2:30pm
Visit Al Khor Museum, Fishing & Pearl Harbor, Al Khor Corniche, Dakhira Mangroves, Old Mosque, Jassassiyeh Carvings, Zubara Fort and Ruined Ancient Village (North).
4) Dukhan/West Coast Tour (4 Hours) : either 9am or 2:30pm
Visit Zekreet peninsula, Umbrella rock, Film city and fort, Qatar Oil wells and West coast.
Which 2 of the four would u recommend? or in order for 4??
We were thinking
1) Land at airport early morning
2) Get pickup to hotel by the tour agency
3) Get refreshed
4) 9am Half Day Desert Safari Tour
5) 1pm get dropped to hotel
6) probably try to grab lunch in hotel or somwhere depending where it is
7) 3:30pm Doha City Tour
8) 7:30 get dropped to hotel
9) probably try to grab dinner in hotel or somwhere depending where it is
10) Get a drop to airport by 10pm
How does this sound? are we missing anything? which packages to take? Should we take packages or do on our own?
We want to cover max in the trip so looking for some insight asap