We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking room for couple(not married)

Lublin, Lubelskie...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booking room for couple(not married)

Hi, another question.

Do all hotels have policy that i can't book one room for me and my girlfriend or it's like international hotels agree to do such things?

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking room for couple(not married)

Difficult question to answer. Under local law you cannot share a room if you are not married. Some of the international 5* hotels do apparently 'turn a blind eye' and allow it.

Lublin, Lubelskie...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking room for couple(not married)

ok,thanks:)

Doha
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking room for couple(not married)

I really do not think it will be an issue. Many married couples keep separate names anyway so how are they to know? Unless you are coming to live and work here they will not be demanding to see a marriage certificate!

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking room for couple(not married)

Not being allowed to share a room as an unmarried couple does still happen. Friends of mine (expat residents) booked a hotel last year to celebrate their wedding anniversary (so yes they were married!) and the hotel refused them the room as they couldnt show their marriage certificate!

As mentioned this doesnt strictly apply to all hotels (but should under local law) so just be aware!

If you arrive together from the airport using an hotel limo transfer that usually works.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking room for couple(not married)

I wouldn't want to be a tourist caught in this situation in Doha. It could end up being "made an example of" situation. If you decide to do it then I would advise that you are very careful,

6. Re: Booking room for couple(not married)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 13, 2014