We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap products

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Munich, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Cheap products

Hi everyone,

Since I'll be visiting Doha in the end of November I was wondering if there are some special goods or products which are extraordinary cheap to buy in Qatar? (Compared to Europe...)

Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap products

all products in Qatar duty free are cheaper than europe - no tax here! for example 400 marlboro cigarettes cost QR 133 - about £22, at London Heathrow they cost £27 for 200! in transit you can also buy alcohol much cheaper here in Doha

GCC
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap products

Gold and other jewelry are so cheap compared to other places. Especially pearls. Also cigarettes, incense, spices etc.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap products

It will also depend if you are entering Qatar or just in transit. Not much available at duty free shop other than the usual perfumes, alcohol, cigarettes, electronic goods. Gold is cheaper than europe, its also a lot cheaper in Dubai than Qatar! If you are in Doha city (not airport) then be wary of cheap gold, it may have far less carots than displayed!

Munich, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap products

Thank @ billa55 and gtravels k for your replies!!!

Since I'll have the chance to be in Doha for nearly two weeks I'll be able to go shopping in the city as well....

Germany
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap products

Gold, cigarettes and electronic gadgets are waaay cheaper in Doha. if you have a lot of time visiting Doha, you can go to the Gold Souq.

The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap products

Does anyone have the name/location of a reputable gold jewelry shop in Doha? I will only be in town for two days. Just passing through on my way to Melbourne. I would like to get a couple of gold braclets like the ones my husband bought in Saudi many, many, years ago.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
851 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap products

THe gold souq is the best place to go. Its situated opposite the souq waqif. If you look at a tourist map of doha you will find it. Or you could ask in the souq for directions. Make sure you haggle as they will add plenty for a tourist price. You can get jewellery made up whatever you like.

Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap products

hi sir, i want to buy some products to export seychelles contact me pillaymrs@gmail.com

9. Re: Cheap products

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, May 29, 2013
Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap products

join an export forum then, this is a travel forum!