We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Doha to city of Dubai

Preston UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Doha to city of Dubai

We will be in Doha this autumn and would like to visit Dubai. Can anybody suggest travel alternatives to flying?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Doha to city of Dubai

I just google mapped the route and it looked like an 8h30m drive. (Even longer if you take a camel)

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Doha to city of Dubai

(1) There is no rail connection, in fact in Qatar there is no railway!

(2) It is possible to drive however not in a rental car, believe me the paperwork is horrendous and (b) you drive through saudi so need a visa!

(3) Go by plane ... Fly Dubai is the cheapest option, flight is 45 mins

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Doha to city of Dubai

Flying is your best bet. Until the railway is done, you have to either fly or go through Saudi Arabia. FlyDubai is cheap and efficient, and the fares from Doha to Dubai are around 250QR roundtrip per person, and the flight is less than an hour.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
56 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Doha to city of Dubai

Fly my friend. It easy cheap (Google Air Arabia and they have very affordable flights to Sharjah which right outside Dubai).

You can drive through Saudi Arabia but it is an extreme hassle and simply not worth it. The expats do it but its for adventure. Getting a Saudi Visa is not exactly easy.

5. Re: Travel from Doha to city of Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 20, 2013