We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short time visa of qatar

Islamabad, Pakistan
1 post
Save Topic
short time visa of qatar

I, my wife and two children want to stay at Doha for 24 hour while in transit for London. Do do we need visa ? if so what is the procedure and its cost ? younas khan from pakistan

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: short time visa of qatar

If you have a British passport than you can get visa on arrival, cost around 30USD per person.

But if you have a Pakistani passport in that case you are not entitled for visa on arrival, I assume that you are flying with Qatar Airways if you are transiting through Doha. Talk to Qatar Airways office and they might be able to arrange a tourist visa for you.

Beast666

Edited: 1:07 pm, July 26, 2012
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short time visa of qatar

staying for 24hrs in doha still in the airport do we need a visa.Although staying in hotel

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: short time visa of qatar

@dandon

If you are staying in the airport (good luck its very small!) then you do not need a visa. If you are leaving the airport to come in to the city then a visa is required. With a british passport you get this on arrival. When you get to the arrivals terminal just join the immigration queue as there is not a seperate desk. Cost is QR100 (£17) which has to be paid with credit/debit card as they do not accept cash.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: short time visa of qatar

Hi thanx for the info .We are staying at the oryx rotana .What the procedure with the luggage .We have been to Goa many times but never stayed over .So its new to us.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: short time visa of qatar

I have never done a stopover as i live in Doha. As far as I am aware your bags stay in the airport until your next flight so you will need to pack some overnight stuff in your cabin baggage.

Have you used the Qatar Airways deal to stay at the Rotana?

If so i am pretty sure that the price includes your visit visa.

Bill

GCC
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: short time visa of qatar

33 nationalities can get visas on arrival in Doha. Pakistani is not included, so you will need to get a prearranged visa from the Qatar Embassy in Pakistan.

I believe your bags stay in the airport, and you just take your cabin bags. I honestly have no idea though, as I have never done a Doha stopover. Just pack some overnight items in your cabin bag in case, and then ask when you are checking in if you need to collect your bags in Doha. I'm sorry I can't be more help! Maybe if you called Qatar Airways?

7. Re: short time visa of qatar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 26, 2013