We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convenient flights at good price is Qatar worth visiting?

Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Convenient flights at good price is Qatar worth visiting?

Hello

I always find it difficult to decide what to put in these subject lines in order to generate enough interest to get answers, so hopefully today.

I am considering flying Qatar Airways from Perth to Venice toward the end of April and returning Madrid to Perth in May. I am thinking about a stopover of 3 nights in Qatar on the return

I am a single woman in my early 50s. Usually I fly Emirates, but because Qatar is a receiving attention, I want to consider it. Like Emirates, the flight schedule is very convenient to/from Perth, so that is one big bonus.

I have read a lot of complaints about the airline, which seem unusual given that it is being awarded, some seem to be the fault of the traveller, not the airline. I know a new airport is expected to be operational around the end of this year, so it should be 'broken in' by April. I won't have duty free alcohol and I am respectful of Islamic customs/culture. I like to take photos and it is one of the primary reasons I travel.

I would particularly like to hear from those people who have had good experiences with the airline and within Qatar itself.

Recommendations for 3 star hotels and any day trips or excursions you may have enjoyed.

Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Convenient flights at good price is Qatar worth visiting?

Hello to all that have commented so far

Qatar just started travelling out of Perth a couple of weeks ago, so people aren't talking about it. They will go to daily flights later in the year.

The economy fare from Perth is almost $600 cheaper that Emirates and the flight schedule is very good, we are used to long flights to get anywhere (except Bali!). A late night flight will get me to a European city sometime early afternoon and I like that too.

I have passed through Dubai many times now and stopped over a number of years ago, but I am not a shopper and like the idea that Doha is a little more cultural.

The negative comments people have made regarding food and alcohol are not of concern to me - I don't drink alcohol on planes and I love middle eastern food flavours.

I'll make my decision in a couple of days, but pretty sure it will be Qatar.

thank you for your help

Denise

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Convenient flights at good price is Qatar worth visiting?

If you do decide Doha and want any further help / advice please get back in touch nearer the time of your travel.

13. Re: Convenient flights at good price is Qatar worth visiting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 12, 2013