We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports/Events in June

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
381 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Sports/Events in June

Hi

My son will be in Doha during June/July this year and was wondering if there was anything on during this time. Is there an 'Events' list anywhere he could look at.

fj

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
623 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports/Events in June

Hi Fj,

The best place to look for events is the local news paper which you can read online in English. They are Gulf Times and Peninsula Qatar

www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/index.asp…

or

www.thepeninsulaqatar.com

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports/Events in June

It depends what sport. It's very hot in June/July so there are not normally any outdoor events. Try emailing aspire sports zone to see if there is any gymnastics etc on. The problem with the information in the newspapers is it's after the event it's in the paper.

Ras Al Khaimah...
Level Contributor
2 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports/Events in June

My wife follows:

http://www.qatarhappening.com/

But I agree with CD, sadly we usually only find out about decent events AFTER the event is finished.

Good luck. :-)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports/Events in June

Yes Mark ! Or or on the grapevine ! That's a good website Qatar happening. I would recommend buying the Qatar happening magazine when you arrive in doha or asking the hotel If they have a copy. Another good magazine is time out Doha I buy it from carrefour or virgin megastore,

Birmingham
Level Contributor
381 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports/Events in June

Thank you all. Have signed up for the online Qatar Happening, so hopefully he can get a feel.

Difficult week for all our Doha - we've been thinking of everyone who's involved with the tragic fire.

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports/Events in June

www.timeoutdoha.com

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports/Events in June

Check out www.timeoutdoha.com

Birmingham
Level Contributor
381 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sports/Events in June

Thanks dohadolly - that's a great link!

9. Re: Sports/Events in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:41 am, June 21, 2013