We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ph
Level Contributor
128 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

I will be having an 8 hour layover in Doha but it's from midnight to 8:00am. Doha is my stopover flight from Istanbul back to Manila on June 10.

Can someone suggest what I can do in Doha/Doha airport that early?

Thanks...

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

Basically not a lot!

Doha airport is quite small, there is a duty free shop and an eatery but thats about it!

You may consider using the 'Oryx' business lounge, there is a charge but at least you get some comfortable seats, meals & drinks are included, free wifi and showers so quite a good package.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
635 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

You cant do much between 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM other than relax and take a snooze. The duty free in Qatar Airport would be open, so you can shop and take rest for your morning flight in the airport if you are not leaving the airport.

ph
Level Contributor
128 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

Got it. I was also wondering what I can do in Doha city by then? Thanks for the infos.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
851 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

Pay for the oryx lounge or you will be stir crazy.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

Hi pontifex79,

Re Doha city, really not much. The city is practically dead during those hours. And definitely not worth the trouble especially more so if you're a Philippines passport holder and need to apply for a visa before hand.

My recommendation would be to just stay at the airport and use Oryx Lounge perhaps.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
635 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

Most people would be sleeping between 12:00 AM and 5:00 AM. After 5:00 AM they will be getting ready to work which usually starts around 7:00 AM for most offices.

Edited: 9:14 am, April 29, 2012
ph
Level Contributor
128 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

Oh well. I'll just shift my travel schedules then. Thanks...

Melbourne
Level Contributor
25 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

Don't they have a hotel/meal service for long transits?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
635 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

It mainly depends if you are eligible for a hotel or a meal coupon based on your transit flight timings. Otherwise you would have to fund it yourself.

10. Re: Doha layover 12:00am-8:00am

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:40 pm, June 18, 2013