We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

athens
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Topic
airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

Hello! could you please suggest a way to get to Kempinski hotel from the airport, late on a tuesday night? I arrive around 10:30-11pm

i dont stay at the kempinski, just meeting some people at the lobby for drinks.. any chance i could use kempinski's airport shuttle?

I have to fly out the next morning around 8:30am, what time should I go back for check-in? international flight..

thanks a lot!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

Kempinski Residences & Suites is located near City Centre in Doha. This is approximately 45 minutes from the Airport and is approximately 38 KMS from the Airport. Since you are arriving around 11:00 PM traffic around the Corniche area would be low and you can reach the hotel within 35 minutes. Unless you are staying at the hotel, they won’t allow you to use their shuttle service (this is the rule usually). The easiest way is to catch a Taxi from the airport to go to the hotel and return to the airport by taxi back.

International check-in is 3 hours before departure. I suggest you get to the airport as early as possible (3 hours before departure) as airline check-in lines in Qatar are HUGE and can be very chaotic all the time.

athens
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

Thank you this is very helpful

Can you please give me a sense of the taxi costs for this distance (also is gratuity included?)

About qatar I have business class check-in and I already have my boarding pass since this is a connecting flight, so I guess I can just go straight to the gate.

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

About Taxi's in Qatar:

There are two types of taxis. The first type is the normal taxi "Karwa". The Tariff at flag fall is calculated as 4 Qrs. The running rate per km inside Doha City during the day is calculated as 1.20 Qrs. The running rate per km outside Doha City during the day is calculated as 1.80 Qrs. However, the running rate per km at night inside and outside Doha City is calculated as 1.80 Qrs.

The second type is the airport taxi (Limousine). The tariff at flag fall is calculated as 18 Qrs. The running rate per km inside Doha City during the day is calculated as 1.20 Qrs. However, the running rate per km outside Doha City at night would be calculated as 1.80 Qrs.

All taxis are metered and they all will use meters. They can go to jail if they don't use the meter.

Tipping of taxis is not a custom in Qatar, unless you are very impressed with the driver.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
709 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

"About Qatar I have business class check-in and I already have my boarding pass since this is a connecting flight, so I guess I can just go straight to the gate": If you don't have any luggage to check-in and you only have a hand luggage, then YES you can straight away go to the gate. You still have to pass through immigration and security.

Hope you enjoy Qatar.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

I wasn't aware that the hotel had an airport shuttle? The distance from Doha airport to the kempinski is about 5-7km. I'm a bit confused with the poster saying it's 38km. A karwa will

Cost 40 -50qr as there is a minimum fare from the airport. It would be about 20-25 on the return trip. Karwa do try and not use the meter and it's happening more and more. The driver then cheekily says give me what you think. This is often more than the fare. Insist on the meter. It takes about 20-30 min rush hour Along the corniche to the airport.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

The Hotel is located in the West Bay area, at 11pm it would take around 20-25 minutes from the airport. You would need to be back at the airport about 90 minutes before flight time to be on the safe side. I would also get the hotel to book your taxi back as you will need to leave at around 6.30am and not many taxis around west bay at that time in the morning!

athens
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

thank you all for the info!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

Be careful asking the kempinski to arrange your taxi. My husband lived I. The hotel for 6 months and they charge 130qr for their limo taxi. As a regular karwa would only charge about 25 back to departures it's a rip off .

Ask the doormanto get you a karwa and he will. I have at that time in the morning.

9. Re: airport to kempinski at 11pm weekday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, June 19, 2013