We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa on arrival

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing
Level Contributor
200 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
visa on arrival

A word of warning - arrived at Doha International Airport today and saw no signs or desk for purchasing a visa on arrival. Seems that everybody including myself had a visa prior to our arrival. I was flying in from Beijing and even got asked there if I had a visa for Qatar. Also, even with a visa I was asked how much I had on me.

Just wanted to give you a heads up. I would strongly advise getting a visa before you get to Doha.

Btw, I'm a British national and very relieved to have had a visa before arriving.

181 replies to this topic
Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
111. Re: visa on arrival

@silverswimmer: By 'premium' do you mean business or 1st class? If so then they sort everything out for you anyway, you also don't need to queue! See my previous post about visa with British passport.

Fremantle Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
112. Re: visa on arrival

thanks for the info very good to know

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
113. Re: visa on arrival

We are stopping off at Doha on our way home and staying in the city overnight. When we go through immigration at the airport to get our visa can I pay for my wife's visa as well as my own on the same card or will she need her own credit card to get through?

PORTland, Oregon...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
114. Re: visa on arrival

Hi

We are stopping over in Doha for about 26hrs - would love to check out the city and do some sight-seeing as well. We are arriving at 6:30am w/ 2 kids. We are 3 US citizens and 1 Canadian - according to Qatar Govt website we are all eligible for visa on arrival but just want to make sure where to get this from? From immigration agents directly? Or is it safe to get visa online prior to arrival in Doha? We are arriving November 27th.

Another question? Can I make any hotel reservation from any site or does it HAVE to be from the list of hotels in the qatar govt website?

http://portal.www.gov.qa/wps/portal/services/inviduallandingpages/entry%20visas/tourist%20visa/!ut/p/a1/pVPBcpswFPwVcvDRo4eEhDgSmri4AU9iJzFcMoDBVmsEAdmJ-_UVbqZxOi2OE530pH0r7WqFYjRHsUy2YpkoUclk3dUxe3Am3DM5h9Hk6oKAP3X98zC4NGFGNCDSAPjPcGHfz8DBbsCt25urcw7-t6-UhiNMABi6RzGKM6lqtULRavOjqkphPOWpkVVS5VIN4GVxAG3ebEWWtwMQciG2YrFJ1sY60XO5NOpk2e3ojmZnbEWb6EJVm0a0al92x9SZWKDIsZhJMAfLhIQwitMU46KgFjgO4xnQF0k9d-6TxPGRfg04Yunekn5TI32EfcAxcRzNcQ2XnnmHvWsLTV_1UsqKzNJ6wWYEbJwy0y6KBc-cgueE2cfI2AfI_JHnjaYW8_mXmavFX7DwLhwT8OhJZON3WC2-Pz7Grs5Ql5dnheb9Iarzql7nA9CZEKpq2o4CN4EXLPWtErUaCllUaP5n-29z3r4WIYd6jiarn2yMTyIbv-NrnmjO537Yv508wKP5G3xd3pac7MRQ_pwVZfkQhsM43ZHfRaBo5J6d_QK6YMnN/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
115. Re: visa on arrival

@suddhat

if your party consist of US and Canadian passport holders, in that case there is absolutely no need to to prearrange visa.

Process for visa on arrival is simple, approach immigration officer, hand over your passport along with bank card. You will be charged 33 USD and visa will be issued no questions asked. You can use one bank card to pay for all. If you do not have a bank card, you can buy prepaid card by paying cash, this can be done on QNB counter located before immigration.

You can make reservation with any hotel you wish, no need to restrict to listed hotels, listed hotels are for people who are not entitled for visa on arrival and are required to prearrange visa through a hotel.

Take Care

Beast666

PORTland, Oregon...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
116. Re: visa on arrival

Thanks @Beast666 for your prompt reply. For hotels, I was looking at W Doha Hotel & Residences based on tripadvisor reviews. Any other hotel suggestions? We are only there for 1 day, a little more than 24hrs. Any must-see activities specially that kids will enjoy?

By bank card, do you mean any US bank debit/ATM card that we normally use to withdraw cash?

Any dress restriction in Qatar, specially for women?

Thanks for your help again.

Edited: 2:33 am, October 19, 2014
Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
117. Re: visa on arrival

W is a excellent hotel, it is close to biggest mall in Qatar.

W has excellent restaurants Spice Market is my favorite restaurant in Qatar and Crystal night club is good if you want to check out night life in Qatar.

You can look into Four seasons, same area but this one has a beach, Courtyard by Marriott is also good it is connected to city center mall.

Souq Waqif is a must for all visitors, check out things to do section of this website for other places.

Debit or credit card will do

Dress restriction is not much, sleeve less is fine, but cover shoulder, skirts are fine, but should cover knees, avoid see through material.

Take Care

Beast666

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
118. Re: visa on arrival

hi all, i'm eligible for the visa on arrival. other than passport and credit card, any other things that i need to prepare? Passport photos, bank statement etc?

Thank you in advance.. (>_<)

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
119. Re: visa on arrival

@ misz_me

Other than passport and bank card nothing else is needed.

Take Care

Beast666

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
120. Re: visa on arrival

@Beast666

Thanks a lot!! u take care too..

Reply to: visa on arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted