We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Which Doha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Doha
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Hello!

I lived in Qatar for 16 years ! you can msg me if there is any questions :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Hi,

If you're staying at a hotel, they should provide most meals even during Ramadan - but typically at an enclosed area where it's not too conspicuous. Or I reckon you should be able to get room service as well. Otherwise, the next best alternative is to stock up on bread, cereals, milk and other stuff the night before at the grocery stores and make your own breakfast. That's what we do actually ... simple breakfast and then bring home-cooked food to the office for lunch (of course, away from the eyes of our Muslim colleagues).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Some shops might be open during daytime but I wouldn't think it's gonna be really busy since people tend to work shorter hours during Ramadan.

Re: Museum. I'm not a big fan of museums myself but just checked the webpage for the Museum of Islamic Arts (apparently the most popular museum here at the moment) and it's open from 10am-3pm during Ramadan, and closed on Tue and Fri.

mia.org.qa/english/index.html#visiting/open

Since you're here during Ramadan, check out the Ramadan Tents most hotels offer during this period. Went to one at the Intercontinental last year and it was loads of fun!

Ramadan isn't really all that horrible once you've start getting used to it. But it may be a bit of a culture shock for the occasional visitor to Qatar.

In any case, good luck and have fun! It's all in the mind - and learning to appreciate the differences in religions and cultures ;-)

Houston, TX
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to it!

Doha
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

HEllo Dear

Please be very careful with dressing in Qatar, avoid wearing sleeveless or shorts ..try to wear dresses which covers at least up to your knees. There are new dress codes in Qatar applied now adays which would lead to deporting the person . your husband wouldn't have problems with his outfit .. usually dress codes are for women here.About eating .. Well yea after sunset you can go to any restaurant and enjoy the food.. but before that only hotels serve food.. I have tried 5 stars hotels ..

Doha
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Hi.

Its too hard to get visa for Qatar now specially nationalities like syrian , jordanian , iranian , when it goes for working permit its even worst..

in any cases you need to have an sponsor here in qatar , who should apply for your visa over here and follow it up/.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Really hope you can help. I've a very nervous friend who has very little travel experience flying alone to Japan to visit her son in just over a weeks time with Qatar Airlines and having an eight hour stop off at Doha airport. Her conern is should she take local currency to buy drinks/snacks at Doha airport while she waits for her connecting flight? If so, what is the currency and is it available to be ordered in the UK? Roughly how much would she need to tide her over for 8 hours? She has a credit card but is reluctant to use this for small purchases.

Also, reading other threads, there seems to a a lounge you can book at the airport. I'd love to treat her to this if it's not too expensive and means she will have somewhere comfortable to sit and while away the 8 hour wait. Do you know anything about this aiport lounge, roughly how much it costs and how I could go about booking it for her?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and hope to hear from you soon.

Doha
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Hello.

I have just arrived in Doha and would like to find a good nail bar for nail extensions and bikini waxing.

Doha
2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Hi,

I have just moved to Doha and would like to find a nail bar for nail extensions and Bikini wax. Any suggestions please?

southport
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

hi

we will be travelling to hongkong via doha on wed 28th oct we land at 19.00 and depart 0200 thur 29t oct so have approx 7 hours.

we would like to see something of doha rather than stay in the airport is this enough time to get a tourist visa which i understand you can get at doha airport and go into doha town.

do you have any tips on what to do see in doha.

usually i wear something comfortable when flying, but what would be exceptable dress for a women in doha as i don't want to offend another countrys customs, and is there any left luggage facilities in doha airport as we don't really want to carry hand luggage around with us.

currency any atms at airport

sorry last question whats normally the time required to be at the airport for onward flight

thankyou

southport
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

sorry 1 more question, what would the weather be like in the evening late oct and sort of temperture could we expect

thankyou