We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Doha
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Hello!

I lived in Qatar for 16 years ! you can msg me if there is any questions :)

Kazakhstan
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Thanks, Please advice I am planning to go either in August or in November which is the best time to go, probably November? not too hot, right?

Reg: visa I heard that I can ask hotel to provide me with the invitation letter and get visa at the airport upon arrival.is it true?

Tripoli, Libya
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Hi!

Are there any beaches in or around Doh? Public or only Hotel ones?

Look forward to your reply!

Doha
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Dear November is a better timing to visit doha in terms of climate.

About your visa it depends on your nationality or the passport you are holding!

Doha
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

There are beaches for public, as in ( Wakra, Umsaeed , Dukhan ) are cities where you can enjoy the beach! even in Doha you can go to nearby intercontinental hotel area and use the beach over there.. people swim and some rent scooters as well :)

algiers
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

greetings samaraak

can you plzadvise me on how i can get tourist visa

wanting to visit doha during october november

im algerian citizen

thnx

Damascus
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

hi

do you think we can get visit vist to Qatar for Syrian

thank you in advance

Damascus
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

i mean visit visa

also can you tell me about work permision please

regards

Houston, TX
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

I will be in Doha in September during Ramadan. While not Muslim, I don't want to offend anyone. Can you tell me what not to wear? Since it will be hot, can I wear shorts? Can my husband wear shorts? What about sleeveless tops or tops with small sleeves? Will any restaurants be open after sundown?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!!

ab

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Hi,

Ramadan should be obeserved by the end of this week or beginning of next.

Re: Dressing. Apparently there has been some talk of authorities getting stricter on dress codes for women this year ... but nobody really knows. In any case, I'd definitely avoid any strapless tops and any bottoms that's above the knees. I reckon cap sleeeves will be alright as long as the top itself doesn't reveal too much cleavage.

It is not advisable for men to wear shorts but in all probability there will be some expats who will do that anyway.

Most restaurants will be closed during the day, but come break fast time, the malls and restaurants are unusually crowded and open way past their usual closing time.

Do avoid drinking during the day in public view. If you have to, do it discreetly in some place where no one can see you. And smoking during fasting is a definite no-no as well ... unless you're doing it in the comfort of your own hotel room.

Hope this info helps.

Houston, TX
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Give me a msg if you need help in Qatar :)

Thanks so much! Will shops and museums be open during the day during Ramadan? At what time would restaurants open for the break fast? I really appreciate your help!!