We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doha airport - lounges/sleeping rooms

Vernon, Connecticut
Level Contributor
109 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Doha airport - lounges/sleeping rooms

Hello,

I am flying from London to Johannesburg via Doha. My flight arrives in Doha at 11 p.m. and does not leave for Johannesburg until 7 a.m. the next day. Are there any sleeping areas you can pay for? Are there any lounges that I can pay to get into for somewhere comfy to relax on my overnight layover? I am flying economy class, so I do not have access to any of the business/first class lounges. If there is somewhere I can go to hang out on my overnight layover, is it open 24 hours? If there is not a sleep area/lounge that I could have access to, is there a hotel attached to the airport? Thanks so much for your help! Cheers!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doha airport - lounges/sleeping rooms

Hi,

Sorry to disappoint but Doha airport is really not a very fun place to be in for a 8-hour transit. It's a very basic airport without that many facilities - and there's no aerobridge to connect the plane to the passenger terminal, so try not to have too much handcarry.

To the best of my knowledge, there're no sleeping or relaxation areas in the airport. Your best bet might be to clear immigration and stay the night in a not-too-expensive hotel before going for your connecting flight the next morning.

Just out of curiosity, doesn't your airline provides you an overnight hotel accomodation with such a long connecting time? Most airlines do ...

Doha
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Doha airport - lounges/sleeping rooms

Actually there's a spa, amazing chill spot, gaming room, but that's only in the premium terminal for business and first class passangers.

You can even get a massage.

In the normal terminal you've got the various lounges, but that's about it.

On a side note, Qatar's building NDIA, which is going to be one of the world's biggest airports.

See here

http://iloveqatar.net/forum/read.php?26,2658

athens
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Doha airport - lounges/sleeping rooms

hey! you should be eligible for an accommodation and meal voucher!

make sure you check here first!

www.qatarairways.com/global/en/stop-over.html

if you don't have much luck with them try oryx lounge! that's the one they recommended to me at least :-)

good luck!

4. Re: Doha airport - lounges/sleeping rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, December 13, 2009