We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Working for Qatar Airlines and living in Doha?

London
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Working for Qatar Airlines and living in Doha?

Hi there

I had this idea of a career change and I may relocate to Doha as a Female Flight attendant. But I got a lot to think about. Is it safe for a single female to live there?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Working for Qatar Airlines and living in Doha?

Hello Zehra,

I just came a week ago and is also with the airline (but not as a cabin attendant). It's pretty safe here really - and there're a lot of expats in this city. My only gripe so far is the fact that it's so difficult to get taxis here, and most cab drivers don't know their way around the city. But other than that, I'm enjoying my stay here in Doha!

Qatarliving.com would be a better website for you to post your concerns about relocating to the country. iloveqatar.net is also a useful resource to find out more about the country.

Good luck and have fun with your research!

London
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Working for Qatar Airlines and living in Doha?

Hiya, thank you for your reply. It is really helpful.

I have also applied for Etihad and Emirates now :) Awaiting reply.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Working for Qatar Airlines and living in Doha?

All the best to you! ;-)

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Working for Qatar Airlines and living in Doha?

We may also be moving to Doha and I found

expatwomanqatar forums very helpful and informative. I know there are some wives of pilots on the website. Maybe they can help answer your questions!

Anne

5. Re: Working for Qatar Airlines and living in Doha?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, October 04, 2009