We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

We are travelling from Sydney to Cairo on Singapore Airlines to Singapore and then Qatar Airlines to Cairo in early April and have a 7 hour transit in Doha. My query is availability of the Oryx lounge for economy passengers.

I have read "helicopter's" report on the forum on 24/7/07, which was very informative. My question is, has anyone been there more recently and is it still as helicopter says "available to everyone"?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

No problem. Pleasure's all mine ... I know how hard it is to get information about Doha sometimes :-)

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

hi.

my flight from Jakarta to JFK VV with transit time in Doha Airport more than 8 hours. Is there any hotel in the terminal building?, so i can stay there without passing through the immigration. Thank you

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

Unfortunately, there aren't any hotels inside the transit area that you can use. However, there is the Oryx Lounge that we have been talking about in previous posts. It costs USD40 per person for 6 hours use and is the next best thing to getting some proper rest, food and a shower before you board your next flight.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

Hey checkers you seem to know Doha inside out. I'm travelling to KL from UK in April and have a 7 hour stopover in Doha (arriving 7 pm). Even though I'm travelling business class I'd like to leave the airport and see something of Doha and visit a restaurant - what would you recommend - or should i stay at the airport.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

Ha ha! Nope, I don't really know Doha inside out ... I've only been here for almost two years and will be returning home to Singapore next week for good.

I think you might enjoy Souq Waqif. It comes totally alive at night, with restaurants and cafes lining the sidewalk. My favourite restaurant at the souq is Ishfahan Gardens. Iranian cuisine - a little pricey, food ain't totally wow - but the decor of the restaurant is something you probably will never see outside the Arab world. Planning to bring my own family there for dinner sometime this week when they're here to help me pack my bags!

I assume you're holding a British passport? If so, you'll be able to get a visa on arrival at Immigration. Take a cab to Souq Waqif and by the time you're done wandering around the souq, it's perfect timing for you to return back to the airport to catch your connecting flight. Enjoy! (",)

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

Yes my daughter did it in February, you buy a ticket for the lounge when you check in for your flight there are showers and it is comfortable. Be aware that all Qatar flights have an economy luggage limit of 20kgs - daughter had to empty back and leave a lot with me!

london
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

how does it work if one has american express card that the lounge is available for free?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

Are you saying that your Amex card gives you free access to the Oryx Lounge? Then that's really great - 'coz I was under the impression that only credit cards issued in Qatar are entitled to free usage of the Oryx Lounge.

If I may ask, which Amex card will you be using?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

How about Malaysian passport? I'm planning to stay in the airport during my transit.

veldhoven
Level Contributor
50 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Doha Airport - 7 hours in transit

We're intrested too in making a short visit to Doha. We have a stopover >7 hours in between our flights from Berlin to Beijing.

Is it very expensive to get a visa on arrival?

And how about the taxi's or other transport to town? Does anyone has information about prices?