We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living and saving

Christchurch
1 post
Save Topic
Living and saving

Hi all

First of all Happy Easter to all.

My name is Krys and I am from New Zealand. I got recently offered job for 30K British Pounds and 10K british Pounds housing allowance. Am I able to save some and is it good money in Qatar? I have no idea how much what cost even though I looked through sites it is hard know if i can save some. Leaving behind mortgage and wife would be the hardest thing for me. So if i know I can save some good money would be good to know.

Can anybody help me to answer this question?

Thanks very much

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
236 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Living and saving

Have a look at the Qatar Living website. This is more suited for your enquiry about wages and packages. Housing is very expensive.

Have you thought about taking your family with you? You could negotiate a family package.

There is a big community now of Australians and Kiwis there and they even have their own group for organising social fuctions.

It's a very safe country to take the family.

2. Re: Living and saving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:39 am, June 17, 2008