We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for a weekend

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
172 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for a weekend

I will stay in Doha for a weekend and am trying to decide which hotel to book. I am considering Sheraton. I would like a combination of the beach (+ nice pool are), hotel with a choice of restaurants and easy access to sight-seeing. The latter is my issue. How expensive will it be to visit the Museum of Islamic art, Mosque etc from Sheraton or is there some other good beach location hotel for sightseeing, too? I wouldn't like to go over the Sheraton price, though, would like to keep that as the maximum?

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for a weekend

Choice of beach hotels is limited, these are all in the west bay area. The MIA is free to enter - and a worthwhile experience.

Other option could be the Intercontinental (not the city, there are now two IHG).

Most of the sights are near to the corniche, west bay leads directly on to this so transport is not an issue.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
172 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for a weekend

Thanks, I will check the prices of Sheraton and Intercontinental. And I am difinitely going to the Museum of Islamic Art, that's what gave me the idea to extend my work-related Doha trip over the weekend.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for a weekend

PM me if you need any further help or advice. Bill

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for a weekend

I'm not aware of there being a mosque to visit? Unless of course you are a Muslim. The Sheraton is really old and not the best for tourists. I too like the intercon by the new st Regis hotel. It has the nicest beach club. The mia has an outside area it's very pretty and you will get great pictures of west bay. It's also close to souq waqif well worth the visit.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
172 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for a weekend

Thanks. As for the moque I had found this on TI Doha sightseeing pagehttp://www.tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g294009-d386696-Reviews-Grand_Mosque-Doha.html

6. Re: Where to stay for a weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 18, 2014