We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

Save Topic
Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

Hi, everybody

In my experience QA is a company NOT worth traveling with!

When we arrived at the airport 2 hours before (our flight were suppose to leave 6:45 in the morning) they told us that our flight has already left 00:15 and that they had sent out info to all the traveling agency's, but witch traveling agency is opened on a Saturday!?

So they acted like it was our fault and problem but we hadn't received any info at all about it, and it wasn't just us it was 12 more people with the same problem.

So of corse we complained and told them to fix another flight to us to Sweden.

And they said we can fix you an another flight in 2 days, 2 days?!

We can't miss 2 more days we had work and school that we would miss.

So after my mother really told them to after two hours waiting time they fixed us som tea and some bite to eat.

I mean customer service they should have offered that to us in the beginning, we shouldn't have to tell them that.

So after 6 hours we finally got a flight the next coming day and a place to stay in the mean time.

But before that we stood there and asked them

-what are we waiting for?

-for the driver

-what driver?

-the driver to take you to your hotel

Were we spouse to read their minds? How were we suppose to know that if they hadn't told us?

But when we finally got to the hotel we had to wait 30 minutes for the rooms to be done.

And when we did me and my mother went to the room and then they called us to come down and change rooms into two singles.

Than I exploded, what were they thinking of???

So when I cried out they showed some humanity and said okay.

Later that day they also informed us that the flight we were suppose to take 2:30 was cancelled and that we ha to take an later flight at 5:15 a clock.

The morning after we told them to wake us up at 2:30 to then with the driver at 3 take us to the airport, but off curse they couldn't even do a simple thing like that, they woke us up at 2 and then we had to wait in the launch for 30 minutes.

So hopefully we will get home soon but I'm NEVER going to travel with QATAR AIRWAYS EVER AGAIN!!!

and I would advise you to take what ever any other company instead of them

THEY SUCK!!!!!

Mika M

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

It is very rare for QR to cancel a flight, cannot also understand why a flight took off 6 hours early?

What hotel did they give you?

Save Reply
2. Re: Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

Well aperantly they have had that problem for three days so I'm not really sure, and as well they canceled the flight they were giving us as a replacement to a later flight.

That's what surprised me to, how they change our real flight to so manny hours earlier :O

They gave us a hotel near the airport called I think, the golden tulip

Edited: 2:11 am, January 08, 2013
Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

QR may have some problems but flight cancellation is very rarely one of them and for a flight to leave 6 hours early (!) doesnt sound right at all.

As QR staff now read this forum perhaps someone could explain?

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

Golden Tulip chain have a few hotels in Doha, all are 3 or 4 star rated, normal overnight is in the QR owned Oryx Rotana which is quite a nice place?

5. Re: Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:48 pm, June 07, 2016
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

Absoloutely agree with you. We have a very bad experience traveling with this airline.

Where does the five star rating they are always boasting about, come from anyway? Do not believe it comes from the passengers.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

the awards come from an independant web site, their business & 1st class is well above the industry standard, what seem to be the problem at the moment is for those of us at the back of the plane!

8. Re: Sharing my experience with Qatar Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 15, 2014