We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best Qatar has to offer?

NYC
Level Contributor
323 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best Qatar has to offer?

I have one full day in Doha. What is the best Qatar has to offer or the must sees?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best Qatar has to offer?

Hi,

You might enjoy Souq Waqif in the night where restaurants line the cobbled streets and browse through the many stores/stalls for souvenirs and such. In the day, perhaps a visit to the Islamic Museum of Arts and then a walk along the Corniche? It's getting cooler these days, so getting out into the open is not impossible the way it usually is in July/August. Alternatively, a dhow cruise might also be an interesting option for you. Enjoy!

NYC
Level Contributor
323 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best Qatar has to offer?

Thank you. Do I need a guide as a single woman or is it safe for me to walk around myself? What do you think of the restaurant Khan Murjan? Thanks for your insight.

NYC
Level Contributor
323 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best Qatar has to offer?

OOps, I meant the restaurant Al Majlis. (Wrong country) :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best Qatar has to offer?

Frankly I havn't been there myself since I'm not a big fan of Arabic food. But I've heard that it's one of the more popular Lebanese/Arabic restaurants in Doha. Let me know how it is when you return! I might just drop by for a visit one day :-)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best Qatar has to offer?

Re: Guide

I don't think it's necessary. It's quite safe for a young woman to walk along the streets (though maybe not so at night) - but you may want to avoid being too friendly with guys who try to chat you up, or who offers you a ride. Just take the usual safety precautions when you're in a foreign land and you should be just fine.

NYC
Level Contributor
323 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best Qatar has to offer?

Thanks for the tips. I just returned and the information was very helpful. I ended up eating at Laiyla which I very much enjoyed.

7. Re: What is the best Qatar has to offer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 26, 2010