We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visas

london
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
visas

Hi,

A few weeks ago I enquired about the process of getting a visa from Seeb airport and someone very kindly explained the procedure to me. However, we decided to get our visa from the UK before flying instead.

Can someone tell me the procedure if you already have a visa? Do we need to queue at all? Or would it still be the case of trying to be the first of the bus??

I'm also staying at Al Bustan and am relying on the ATM machine. I have heard it does not always work. Any idea where the next closest one is? Is there one at Shangri La resort??

Level Contributor
247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visas

I copied some of this from a previous reply to you:

You get off the plane

You get on a bus

The bus takes you to arrivals

You get out the bus and go in through sliding glass doors

Immediate right is GCC nationals and diplomats.

Up a ramp and to your right is immigration section. You cannot miss it.

Dependng on how many flights arrive at that time is depending how long you queue for.

Closest one is at Mutrah souk about 10 min drive away by taxi if hotel one doesnt work but as they have more guests now hopefully they make sure it is in working order. Why dont you contact the hotel directly.

No there isnt one at Shangri La

uk
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visas

How does one go about getting visas in the UK before flying?

london
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: visas

We found the telephone number for the Oman Embassy in London (can get this from google). Just request a visa application form, they send this to you pretty much straight away, complete it and send it back with your passport and a cheque for £12 (which I believe is the same cost of what it will be at Seeb airport).

We did this to try and avoid the queues and also because my boyfriend has 'British protected person' rather than 'British citizen' on his passport and we didn't want this to be a problem once we got their. A quick bit of advice - remember to send a stamped addressed envelope with the application so that they can return the passport back to you (we forgot to do this!).

Hope it helps.

Prickwillow
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: visas

OMR 6 does not equal GBP 12 !!!

london
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: visas

Back by Popular demand - you're right! Ooops!

Pinkmatty - Thanks once again. So I take it if you already have a visa there is a different queue and shouldn't take you as long?

Level Contributor
247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visas

If you have a visa or not you stand in the same queue. However if you dont have a visa you first have to buy one at the Travelex as somebody previously told you. Most people have to buy visas. There are two queues one for GCC nationals and one for the rest. You stand in the latter queue. Hope that is clear.

7. Re: visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 14, 2009