We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel racing end of march

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Camel racing end of march

Anyone know anything at all about camel racing; it seems to be very elusive!

I will be in Oman travelling around between 21-31 March 2013

Thanks a million

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
7,184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel racing end of march

Try contacting:

Royal Camels

Sultanate of Oman - Royal Court Affairs

P.O. Box: 1844

P.C. 111

Tel: (968) 26893805 / 26893804 extn 223 / 226

Fax: (968) 26893802

E-mail: royalcamel@rca.gov.om

Maybe you will find your answers...

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel racing end of march

Hey mate, am also from the uk and will be in oman during those dates. I think camel racing is on fridays but will try to find out more and re-post if i find anything more out

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel racing end of march

I'll also be there next week. Have you found any further info?

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Camel racing end of march

Nope. So far all ive been managed to get from the locals is that its in the dessert. Awesome. Someone else told me it was in three cities, none of them muscat...

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camel racing end of march

Hi, I have emailed the royal races (using another email address as the one provided above which did not work) so if that gets me somewhere I'll share any interesting pieces of info

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
658 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camel racing end of march

Thing is that Camel racing is not really a national thing that people follow. I does take place, but normal people are not aware of it. I do not know a single individual who is interested in Camel races. Only interested people would be the Royal Camels thing and some people who own racing camels. To ordinary people such as myself, we are completely clueless.

I looked for information in the Arabic media, I found the following link which is in Arabic:

http://main.omandaily.om/node/109306

Translated using google translate:

translate.google.com/translate…

Not a very good translation, but does the job.

Relevant information is that the national camel races for season 2012-2013 started on 19th September 2012 in Mudhaibi. The season finale will be on 25-28 March 2013 in Barka.

I hope this helps.

Edited: 4:32 am, March 22, 2013
7. Re: Camel racing end of march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 24, 2014