We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from the airport ?

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from the airport ?

We arrive in Muscat on a late BA flight appx 9.30pm. Obviously by the time we are ready to leave the airport it will be 10.30pm ish .How easy is it to get at taxi from the airport to Shangri La and what should i expect to pay in taxi fares.

The hotel has a overpriced limo service which i do not want to use.

Thank you

1. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 pm, March 18, 2006
vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

Many taxis available just as you exit from the terminal. That time of night the airport is quite busy.

You must agree with the driver on a price before putting bags in or entering taxi.

10- 15 omani rials is probably the usual rate.

This is a long ride as the Shangri-La is on the opposite side of the city from the airport.

30-40 minute ride.

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

Great, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

rehana, if you look at one of the other forums, Visiting Barr Al Jisah resort posted by Naneek & scroll through it, you'll see info on taxis and the name & number of a very reliable taxi guy in Muscat which I've used. The airport taxis can rip you off (RO 20) and at the end of a long journey you don't always want to battle on price with them, which is what you have to do!! Be prepared! I suggest you contact the name given and arrange a pick up - much easier!

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

Thanks DeeDub,

I have made a note of the number and also read your reviews.Feel a lot happier now.

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

Hi not sure about taxis as we had transfers to the hotel but one problem with arriving so late is that it is hard to get anything to eat so make sure you have eaten before you get to the hotel - its a long time until breakfast and the mini bar is expensive.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

Can somebody let me know Mahmood's e-mail address again as I am going to Shangri La al Waha on 30th April and would like to book him up. It seems the earlier message has been removed.

Many thanks

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

mahmood_7081@yahoo.com or 0096899573596.

It should be there as i accessed it yesterday.

Let me know if you get a reply as i want to use him in July.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from the airport ?

Many thanks, I'll let you know how I get on.

Thank you again