We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Cheap Central Hotel?

London
3 posts
Save Topic
A Cheap Central Hotel?

Hi, i'm hoping to visit Oman in February. I want to stay somewhere cheap but relatively central. I was considering the Holiday Villa Muscat (http://www.holidayvilla.com.my/HVmuscat/hvmlocation.htm# )

But am not sure how central this is from looking at the map?

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Regards,

Steve

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Cheap Central Hotel?

Try the Best Western Hotel in Muscat, Oman. I wrote a review for it and included phtos. The price when I stayed there was around $100 U.S. per night. It's across the street from a Hyatt but a much better deal. I hope this helps.

ROB

Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Cheap Central Hotel?

We have just returned from 4 nights at the Best Western Muscat and can thoroughly recommend it. It is central in terms of the spread of the area as Muscat itself is tiny, all the areas blend into one long strip from the airport to Muscat.

Email me on cjehughes@ntlworld.com if you want to.... It's also very reasonable, our suite was 56 rials!

Cheers Chris Hughes Rugby England

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Cheap Central Hotel?

Chris,

please add your review to this hotel's web-page on Trip Advisor.com. The more reviews it gets , then the more people in general will believe our comments and choose it.

By the way , Steve , Muscat has to one of the hardest places to get a city road map of , even when you are there . A map is like a state secret or something in Oman . Guide books will give you a few major streets in a neighborhood , but that's about all .I found one book ( not a map , though ) of Muscat but it's meant more for locals , like the A-Z mapbook is in London .

Muscat is also spread along the coastline over about 4 or 5 different neighborhoods . It's strange geographically - it's like a bunch of towns bound together by a highway.

ROB