We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

Dublin
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

Could anyone share their views on which 5* hotel they would consider most suitable for a family with young children visiting Muscat? Thanks in advance.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

Depends when you want to come. This time next year, I would probably hazard a guess at the Shangri-La complex at Barr Al Jissah. Assuming you wish to have a beach location, this year, you have a choice of the Al Bustan Palace - a true 5* and the Grand Hyatt - 4.5* at a push. I have left out the Chedi because that's more couples orientated. Wherever you take them, keep them under control please. Nothing worse than screaming kids running around hotels with no parental control.

Dublin
Level Contributor
7 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

Thanks for your reply. They were the two hotels I looked at. Nice to get confirmation.

We always stay in the best hotels and never have a problem with our children. But I know what you mean. I suppose its up to the parents to respect others and control their own children.

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

the al bustan palace is the best hotel for children if u want 5star luxury hotel- they have a huge swimming pool, a great beach, snorkelling, lots of activities, and great food.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

Now you are working for InterContinental Hotels - amazing.

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

give it up beduboy -its amazing u still have nothing to stay on either the dubai nor the oman forum- its really sad seeing as u are from there!!

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

What, exactly, should I give up? Is it repeated posting saying exactly the same thing as someone else has already said? Is it the continuous mentioning of Madinat Jumeirah even when people have clearly stated that they are not interested in it?

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

why would i be speaking at the madinat jumeirah when i am on the muscat forum?? have u been there by the way- if not that u will not realise just how good a hotel/resort it is in dubai.

Level Contributor
247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

Another child friendly hotel is the Intercon hotel in Shatti. Al Bustan is a bit out of the way but has its own private beach.

Middle East
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

The Intercon is a little tired now and well in need of yet another makeover. It doesn't quite match the Grand Hyatt's quality. As the originator is looking for a 5*, there is only the Chedi and the Al Bustan that, at the moment, can be classified as such.

Level Contributor
247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Child Friendly hotels in Muscat

It may not be 5* and officially 4* but it is child friendly.