We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic

I'm planning a trip to Oman at the start of December and have been looking into vaccinations. I've found a number of really helpful websites, but am a bit confused about Malaria.

I will be travelling to the Musandam Peninsula and the advice is that there is a risk is Malaria in rural areas. I'll be staying in a particularly tourist friendly hotel in the north and while I might do some walking or a boat trip, I'm not sure if this counts as very rural?

Does anyone have some advice?

Wadi Shab Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, City Tours, Eco Tours
Tours Oman Private Day tours
City Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Bediyah Safari Tours
Mountains, Safaris, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Oman Day Tours
Multi-day Tours, City Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,709 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacinations

I would not be concerned about malaria where you're going. Some friends here take their students on a school-sponsored trip there each year and they don't bother with malaria prophylaxis. The sort of walking or boating you're planning is not going to take you that far into "rural."

2. Re: Vacinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 14, 2013
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question