We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature in Deserts

Which Oman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Temperature in Deserts

We are going on a desert camping trip for two days in a week and I was wondering what the weather was like at night? Should we prepare for any extreme weather at this time?

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Temperature in Deserts

Hi, Mika. I have heard that it has been somewhere around 15-17*C (60*F or so) at night in the southern deserts. Should probably be fairly similar in other areas as well, depending on altitude and whatnot. It has been dropping to about 22*C (70*F) at night in Muscat.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,238 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Temperature in Deserts

Wow, lucky you Greasy. At 7am this morning it was 11C where we are in Dubai. Guess it would have been much colder out in the desert.

At just after 1.30am it's only 15C now.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Muscat Governorate, Oman
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Temperature in Deserts

It was actually 18* when I was leaving at 7:30 this morning. It has been perfect weather.

4. Re: Temperature in Deserts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 07, 2013