We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beiruit in one day

Which Beirut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Beiruit in one day

Hi, looking for some advice from those in the know about a country I've never been to before.

in a couple of days time I'm going to be in Beiruit from approx 10am to 6pm

I'd like to do more than just stay in the airport, what would locals recommend me to see in that time frame?

I read another forum post where it was mentioned that it's possible to get an individual tour.... would that be a good idea, I'm keen to learn as well as just take photos.

Thanks

Derek

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beiruit in one day

Hi,

In the time frame you've mentioned you will have enough time to visit Beirut City Center which is 9 kilometers away from the airport and around twenty minutes drive.

Ask the taxi driver to drop you at Martyrs Square and from there you can visit Beirut Souks, Nejmeh (Parliament ) Square, Roman Baths, Grand Serail Hill, Bab Idriss Square, Phoenicia Hotel, Hotel St. George, Zaitunay Bay (St George Bay), Beirut Corniche. You can either return to Martyrs Square to take a taxi back to the airport or go up to Hamra Street.

Regards

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beiruit in one day

Gaby

Thanks so much, that sounds like a pretty good itinerary for my day then.... any other contributors have further suggestions?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beiruit in one day

Gaby,

It looks as though I'm going to change my trip to give me an overnight in Beirut the following weekend.

Hotels wise I've been looking at Le Patio, Raouche Arjaan by Rotana, Ramada Downtown and the Phoenicia.... any thoughts / recommendations, both in terms of the hotels I've mentioned, or if I should be looking in a different area, given the activities you're recommended.

Also, with 2 days to spend, is there anything else you'd add to your list of things to do?

Edited: 2:18 am, November 29, 2012
Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beiruit in one day

Phoenicia hotel on the Bay of St George, two minutes walk from Zaitunay Bay and ten minutes walk from Beirut City Center.

Le Patio hotel is two years old new hotel located in Beirut City Center one minute walk from Martyrs Square and ten minutes walk from Zaytunay Bay and Beirut Corniche.

5. Re: Beiruit in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, May 10, 2013
6. Re: Beiruit in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, December 17, 2013