We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beirut in Mid October

Which Beirut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beirut in Mid October

I need some recommendations for October 21-25th. I plan on visiting Beirut for 4 days and would like some help on the following:

1) Need a clean but inexpensive--(Cheap) place to stay. I have looked at Saifi Urban Gardens and Talal and An Nazieh (sp) Any other recommendations?

2) While most of my time will be work related--I am doing a project, not yet funded--that is why it has to be cheap on religious pluralism. I want visit either Zahle and Wineries or Marjeyoun and Beaufort Castle. I just read Anthony Shadid's House of Stone and am drawn there. Any suggestions--recommendations. I was planning on taking a service to Tyre or Marjeyoun and then a taxi in the south but perhaps should rent a car

3) Food--Since I am coming from 10 days in Egypt--good food is a priority. I was thinking of Tawlet any other suggestions? With the Eid coming up on the 24th any special place for sweets etc? I would love to go to Tripoli but probably should avoid.

Your suggestions are valued. I could stay with relatives--but that will mean four days of visiting and eating and no time to work or travel. I will stop by on the last day.

Thanks

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beirut in Mid October

Within the same group of hotels near Saifi Urban Gardens and Mayrig restaurant just facing Electricite du Liban building is Port View Hotel www.portviewhotel.com

It is advised for your transportation in Lebanon not to you use the public bus or shared van but to rely on rental car, or tour operator whether with a coach or car.

Thanks

Beirut
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beirut in Mid October

Dear,

Prior to coming over to Lebanon on Oct 21-25th, I recommend that you stay updated on the latest news & political issues - as we are living in a very unpredictable region & hence anything can happen at any time, God Forbid!

As for the accommodation, I would recommend a couple of 4 stars in Beirut or Ashrafieh (upper average rate around 100$/night). If you want to sejourn outside Beirut (i.e. Grand Beirut) teh hotel prices differ & are cheaper.

As for the transportation, it is absolutely recommendable to take Taxi Bleu as they have Good Fares & Great Quality. The common transport in Lebanon is under-developped (no customer services at all amongst other things).

As for visiting Zahle & Beaufort, it is better to be accompanied by a professional guide - it makes the whole trip worthwhile and fruitful.

Beirut
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beirut in Mid October

Dear,

Prior to coming over to Lebanon on Oct 21-25th, I recommend that you stay updated on the latest news & political issues - as we are living in a very unpredictable region & hence anything can happen at any time, God Forbid!

As for the accommodation, I would recommend a couple of 4 stars in Beirut or Ashrafieh (upper average rate around 100$/night). If you want to sejourn outside Beirut (i.e. Grand Beirut) teh hotel prices differ & are cheaper.

As for the transportation, it is absolutely recommendable to take Taxi Bleu as they have Good Fares & Great Quality. The common transport in Lebanon is under-developped (no customer services at all amongst other things).

As for visiting Zahle & Beaufort, it is better to be accompanied by a professional guide - it makes the whole trip worthwhile and fruitful.

Beirut
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beirut in Mid October

Dear,

Prior to coming over to Lebanon on Oct 21-25th, I recommend that you stay updated on the latest news &...more

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Beirut in Mid October

Thanks Gaby--I will check, I am of Lebanese descent--can get along in arabic and have taken service taxis before. Is it really a problem?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beirut in Mid October

You can of course take a service taxi between Cola intersection and Tyre.

You can also use a service taxi within Beirut as a way of easy cheap transportation. You can also take a Connexion white bus from Charles Helou bus station to Tripoli which will not cost you more than 3,000 LBP one way, but using the public bus transportation within the Lebanese mountains and service taxi is not a common good idea.

Thanks

7. Re: Beirut in Mid October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 14, 2013