We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

type of driving licence to drive in Beirut, lebanon

Which Beirut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
type of driving licence to drive in Beirut, lebanon

I plan to be in Lebanon for 7 months. I also plan to buy a car while I am there. Is it possible to use my Michigan driving licence to drive my car in Beirut for 7 months?

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: type of driving licence to drive in Beirut, lebanon

I think an International Driving License is required to drive in Lebanon if you are resident in Lebanon for less than one year. Both your Michigan driving license and an International Driving License should be presented to any car insurance company once you want to apply for a car insurance.

For more information pertaining to this subject contact Ms. Myriam Ghanem at auto@atcl.org visit also Automobile and Touring Club of Lebanon www.atcl.org

Thanks

2. Re: type of driving licence to drive in Beirut, lebanon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 18, 2013