We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of the Waterfront?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Location of the Waterfront?

I'm thinking of going to Beirut for a gig at the Waterfront (RHCP). Would it be convenient for the Waterfront and general sight-seeing to stay in the Gemayze area?

I've tried to work it out on googlemaps but I'm not making much progress. This will be my first visit to Beirut and I'm more interested in the tourist sights than in nightlife so all thoughts on where to stay are welcome.

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of the Waterfront?

the waterfront is located in Dabyeh,, which is around 15k's from the center of Beirut..

see: http://www.wherescool.com/beirut/gemmayze/ for gemmayze.. or I hope "Gaby85" comes up with the Ashrafiya link....

ciao

A99

Manama, Bahrain
Level Contributor
294 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of the Waterfront?

if by waterfront you mean zaytouna bay, in downtown beirut, it is close to gemayzeh area.

I recommend that you stay in the vicinity

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of the Waterfront?

In winter 2012 Solidere opened Zaitunay Bay new waterfront which is on St Georges Bay in front of Phoenicia Hotel and St Georges Hotel www.zaitunaybay.com If you want to visit this tourist site and looking for a budget hotel it would be a good idea to stay in one of the hotels located in Gemmayzeh . You can also visit the website of Achrafieh www.liveachrafieh.com

Actually they are constructing another waterfront in Dbaye some 15 km north of Beirut on the highway linking Beirut to Tripoli.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of the Waterfront?

Thanks for the replies.

The place I was talking about is this one: http://www.beirut.com/l/15069

Sounds like Gemayze is the place to stay although I may only spend one day and one night in Beirut.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of the Waterfront?

If you are looking for a budget hotel in Gemmayzeh try Saifi Urban Gardens

www.saifigardens.com

If this hotel is full try Hayete Guesthouse www.hayete-guesthouse.com

Thanks

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of the Waterfront?

Thanks Gaby, I've been in touch with SUG - reading the reviews I'm a bit concerned it might to too noisy at night though.

Will check out the other link now.

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of the Waterfront?

Saifi Urban Gardens is very noisy at night because the restaurant and cafe stay open till 04:00 a.m. while Hayete Guesthouse is a calm guesthouse located in a calm street. in Achrafieh five minutes walk from Gouraud street in Gemmayzeh.

Beirut Waterfront: www.zaitunaybay.com

Dbayeh Waterfront: www.watefrontcity.com

Thanks

8. Re: Location of the Waterfront?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 13, 2013