We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to Lebanon - 2012

Which Beirut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel to Lebanon - 2012

Hi I am planning to visit lebanon, mainly Beirut for a few days in Marh 2012. Is it safe to travel at this point of time, considering so much is happening in the region?

Dubai, United Arab...
2 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Is it safe to travel to Lebanon - 2012

Thanks Gaby...

Alexandrovsk
2 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Is it safe to travel to Lebanon - 2012

Hey everyone. I'm considering to visit Lebanon in mid December for around 10 days with a friends of mine. We're still formulating our travel itinerary, but given the Dec 6/7 gun fighting in Tripoli I guess its now off the list.

I keep a close watch on last 24 hours "Lebanon" query in Google, and it appears to me that nothing major is happening apart from Tripoli. Still I'd like to consult with someone on the prospects of visiting certain areas with a 1 or 2 days visit. Apart from the undoubtedly safe areas around Beirut (Jouniah, Byblos) with all their attractions, we'd want to visit some remote towns and places too:

In the North: Bcharre, Wadi Kadicha, Cedars of God. The next day maybe Beit Al Dine, Baalbek. We also wanted to see the pyramid of Hermel very much, do you think it's not a good idea? Then Zahle and return to Beirut.

In the South, definitely Sidon and Tyre. We've heard of Beaufort Castle, has anyone been there?

And finally we'd really want to see nature, so we thought of going to one of forest, Barouk, in Al Shouf Cedar Nature Reserve.

We're both 24, Caucasian males and are planning on using public buses departing from Charles Helou, Cola, etc.

Thank you!

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: Is it safe to travel to Lebanon - 2012

Hi Denis,

They are actually restoring the old but still beautiful Beaufort castle which at the same time is still open for visitors.

It' s a good idea and experience to visit the Pyramid of Hermel.

It's also a good idea, if you like nature, to visit the largest natural reserve in Lebanon the Barouk Cedars Natural Reserve in the Chouf mountains which is around half an hour drive from Beiteddine Palace.

Note that Beirut National Museum, Jeita Grotto and Beiteddine Palace close every Monday.

Regards

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Is it safe to travel to Lebanon - 2012

Travelled to Beirut 17th Nov-21st and no problems with security.Very safe over there in fact I worry more about situations in the uk with crime and road rage

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Is it safe to travel to Lebanon - 2012

Beirut makes for a superb New Year's Eve break. The city stays open over the holiday, so there's lots to do, and of course the City Center looks fantastic in deep winter. You may need to book somewhere to spend the evening.The fireworks at the City Center are worth the trip. Beirut may not be the bargain it was, but there are often good deals over new year if you are staying for a few nights

46. Re: Is it safe to travel to Lebanon - 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 13, 2013