We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over Stay Penalty .....

Which Beirut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Over Stay Penalty .....

Hi,

i came to Lebanon on work visa , initially i got 2 months visit visa from my country & now for the third month visa extension i gave my passport to my company's HR department for visa renewal & they return it back after 1 day & said no need for renewal as i'm traveling back to my country in the same month. please help me if it is true & ill fly back to my country without any interruption at the airport or i have to pay fine/penalty.

Regards,

Najam

Lebanon
Level Contributor
181 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Over Stay Penalty .....

If your visa has expired you will be stopped at the airport and will not be allowed to travel. Then you will have to renew your visa and pay a penalty for overstaying with an expired visa. The process takes you about 1 week to fix.

Would advise that you fix your visa before heading out to the airport.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,440 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over Stay Penalty .....

Usually you pay penalty on the spot at the airport a couple of dollars a day at the very worst at best you be let off without paying any penalty .that was my own experience.No big deal.

3. Re: Over Stay Penalty .....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 18, 2012