We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

living beruit

Birmingham, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
living beruit

i am about to work and live in beirut i have all expenses paid accomadation what is the average cost in dollars to live ok family of 3 food , gym , crech , dinning out , food etc

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
8,657 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: living beruit

Well if eating out involved count on $2000 per month for cost of living.

Birmingham, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: living beruit

does that include groceries , gym membership , etc

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,657 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: living beruit

Yes includes everything except cost of housing rental.

Birmingham, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: living beruit

thganks were is good place to live hamra ras beruit im looking for appartment for family 3 furnished what is avarage rental per month or good areas that are close to shops gynms mals

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,657 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: living beruit

I hope the local DEs like Gaby or rogerk come and best help with location on where to live.

cheers

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: living beruit

Areas close to shops gyms malls include Ashrafieh, Saifi, Ras Beirut, Ain el Mreisseh, Hamra, Verdun.

Average rental per month for a 190 square meter furnished appartment is 1,000 USD

Regards

Birmingham, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: living beruit

is this to a good standard of apartment thanks

were would you recommend to live in these areas must be close to malls shops etc

Birmingham, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: living beruit

what are the taxes on salary in lebanon also my company provide medical b plan care is this good

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: living beruit

If your company provides health insurance that's very good.

The ABC mall is located in Ashrafieh. Hamra and Ashrafieh are good neighborhoods to live in.

A non furnished 200 square meter apartment in those areas will cost 700 - 800 USD (depending whether it has a parking - Air conditioned etc...)

A furnished apartment with similar surface in the same areas will cost 800 - 1000 USD (depending also on different services offered).

Regards

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: living beruit

Hi, I would say that you need something like 3000 $ for a family of 3 if you want to enjoy your life, I live on my own and I spend merely 3000 $ a month wihout paying rentals but I included the price of fuel, if you try to limit your expenditure, it will be easy, you just need to start cooking at home and decreese your pleasure in nightlife ;).... I am sure you will enjoy life in Beirut.