We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

Which Beirut hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

Hey all,

Me and a buddy are making a trip to Beirut Aug 29-31 and back on September 1st. I had a couple of questions:

1) We are looking at staying at a hotel around 80-100$/night. We'd like the hotel to be at the good location (closer to site seeing, safe and good nightlife). What would you recommend?

2) Is the fact that we are there during Ramadan going to hinder the nightlife activities? Are there any clubs open? Or is there no music?

3) What would you recommend for the activities for 3 nights? Main attractions, nightlife, etc.

Thanks very much!

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

Hi,

1) Hotel with the budget you are asking for could be:

Port View Hotel www.portviewhotel.com

Hayete-Guesthouse www.hayete-guesthouse.com

Saifi Urban Gardens www.saifigardens.com

All three are within walking distance from Martyrs Square in Beirut City Centre and Gouraud and Monot Streets Beirut main streets for nightlife.

2) Ramadan fasting month has nothing to do with the nightlife in Beirut.

All pubs, bars, night-clubs and restaurants in Monot, Gouraud, Hamra and Bliss streets remain open at night during this month.

3) As activities for the mornings and afternoon, it depends what you like to see. If you like nature you can visit one of the six nature reserve in Lebanon , one of the most visited and the largest among them is the Chouf Cedars Nature Reserve just one hour drive from Beirut, if you like natural wonders you can visit the Jeita Grotto just half an hour drive from Beirut, if you like Crusaders castle and old towns you can visit Byblos and Tyre, if you like antiquities and archaeology you can visit the Roman Temple of Baalbeck just two hours drive from Beirut, if you like wine you can visit the wineries of the Bekaa Valley among them and the most visited is Ksara winery, if you like boat trip you can visit the island off Tripoli coast, the most visited among them is the Palm island, around one hour by boat from Tripoli.

Lebanon Road www.lebanonroad.blogspot.com/p/trips.html offers a wide variety of trips to different part of Lebanon.

Best regards

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

Thanks very much! it's very helpful. Also I've been reading and they are talking about potential safety issues in Beirut. My understanding is that it is very safe for an American or Canadian to go there but I just wanted to get a second opinion. Do you think it would be pretty safe there right now?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

Sorry one more question. We are looking at our flight back from Beirut to Dubai on August 31st which I realized is the Eid. We haven't booked the flight yet but I wanted to see whether or not it would be a bad thing to miss the Eid by flying around. In other words leave a day early (Fly back on the 30th) so we can at least spend the Eid in Dubai. We have a flight on September 1st at night out of Dubai so to be safe we want to be back in Dubai by the 31st.

So the main question is, do a lot of celebrations happen on the Eid? Or is it not really a big deal to miss the Eid by flying around? Thanks!

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

Hi

Actually Lebanon is a good and safe destination to explore.

The Ramadan Eid is better celebrated in Istanbul, Damascus and Dubai than in Beirut. No special celebrations happen on the Eid in Beirut. You will miss nothing in Beirut by flying around the Eid.

Best regards

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

i finally got a chance to look at some hotels and it seems like there are some for decent price. The ones you've mentioned above are Bed and Breakfasts/hostels. Would you also recommned a few hotels in the area? I see some good ones but I'm not sure about the location. I see a few such as Whitehouse Hotel, Le Marley hotel, Embassy hotel, Plaza hotel, etc. Anyone you'd recommend? Thanks!

Lebanon
Destination Expert
for Lebanon
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

Most accomodations that surround the Gemmayzeh area (Gouraud and Pasteur streets) are bed and breakfast / hostel. This area is five minutes walk from Beirut City Center (Martyrs Square).

Whitehouse Hotel, Le Marley Hotel, Embassy Hotel, Plazza Hotel are all within five minutes walk from Hamra and Bliss Streets, but twenty minutes walk from Beirut City Center ( Martyrs Square). I would recommend Embassy Hotel.

Regards

7. Re: Need help with planning a 3-day trip to Beirut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 07, 2012